Learn how to take care of and preserve original art
Hello hello, friend!
Happy 2023! I hope you had a fantastic holiday season!
If you're an art collector, or about to become one, it's important to understand how to properly care for and preserve your pieces to ensure they remain in good condition for years to come. Here are some tips for caring for original art:
1. Handle with care: Always handle your art with clean, dry hands and avoid touching the artwork's surface as much as possible. Oils and dirt from your hands can damage the surface of the artwork.
2. Keep it out of direct sunlight: Exposure to sunlight can fade and discolor artwork over time. If possible, hang your art in a location that is out of direct sunlight or use UV-protective glass when framing it.
3. Protect it from extremes in temperature and humidity: Extreme temperature changes and fluctuations in humidity can damage artwork, so try to keep your art in a stable environment. Consider using a humidity control system if you live in a particularly humid or dry climate.
4. Regularly dust and clean your art: Dust and dirt can build up on the artwork's surface over time, so it's important to dust and clean your pieces regularly. Use a soft, dry cloth to gently dust the surface, and avoid using water or cleaning products, as these can damage the artwork.
5. Store your art properly: If you need to store it for an extended period, make sure to wrap it in acid-free paper and keep it in a dry, cool place away from sunlight. Avoid stacking artwork on top of each other, and consider using acid-free boxes or storage sleeves to protect your pieces further.
Following these tips can help preserve your art collection and ensure it remains in good condition for years to come.
Let me know if you liked these tips, and if you have any further questions, let me know in the comments.