6 expert tips on how to frame an original painting
Updated: Jan 26
Welcome to Drica's guide to making your artwork stand out!
When it comes to displaying your original paintings, the right frame can make all the difference. Here are six expert tips on how to frame your artwork to make it stand out:
Don't get too caught up in matching specific colors in your photo to the frame color. Instead, focus on the overall tone of the image when choosing a frame.
2. Choose the right size frame: The frame should be proportional to the size of the painting. A large painting may look best in a wide frame, while a small painting may look best in a narrow frame.
3. When selecting a frame, consider the style of the art. The frame should complement the style of the painting. If the painting has a lot of warm colors, a warm-toned frame may be a good choice. If the painting has a lot of cool colors, a cool-toned frame may be a better choice.
4. Matching the frame to your existing room decor is crucial. Opt for a frame that complements your decor or adds just the right spark of contrast.
5. To make your artwork the focal point of the room, be mindful of the color of your frame in relation to your wall color. Avoid a frame color that is too similar to your wall color. The frame should complement the room decor.
6. Have it professionally framed: If you are not familiar with the process of framing art, it is recommended to have it done by professionals. They have the knowledge and the tools to frame the painting in the best way possible.
I hope these tips are helpful. I would love to hear your thoughts. Let me know if you have any more questions regarding this subject.
Color Your Life!